HiSET #LifeLongLearner Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter or Facebook, nor is Twitter or Facebook associated with this Sweepstakes in any way.
1. SPONSOR: The HiSET Test-Taker Giveaway is sponsored by PSI Services LLC, 611 N Brand Blvd, 10th Floor, Glendale, CA 91203 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who are current or future HiSET test-takers for the year 2023, verified by HiSET ID number. Employees and their immediate family members of Sponsor, Ventura Associates International LLC (“Administrator”), their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
The term “immediate family members” means parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, spouses or grandparents, regardless of where they live. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and its agents are final and binding in all respects.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on August 23, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 6, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, Sponsor will share one (1) or more Sweepstakes posts on its Twitter and Faceook pages. To enter, you must have a Twitter or Facebook account and follow instructions below.
Method #1: Twitter
Follow @HiSETexam Twitter account and
a) like the Sweepstakes post, or
b) comment by replying to the Sweepstakes post including hashtag #sweepstakes
Method #2: Facebook
Follow @HiSETexam Facebook account and
a) like the Sweepstakes post, or
b) comment on the Sweepstakes post including hashtag #sweepstakes
Once you completed the steps mentioned above via method #1 or #2, it will be considered your “entry.” You may like and comment on the same Sweepstakes post but there is a limit of one (1) entry per person per social media channel.
Entry guidelines: Your comment(s), if applicable, must NOT include the following:
➤ content in violation of third-party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, trademark, right of publicity or any other proprietary rights unless you have their permission prior to posting;
➤ content that is libelous, defamatory, adult-oriented or sexually-explicit, offensive language, portraying or advocating violence, discrimination, illegal activities, racism or hatred;
➤ content that denigrates disparages or reflects negatively on the Sponsor, its products or its employees, or on any other person, company, product or service.
If an entry includes any of the prohibited elements listed above, the entry will be disqualified, along with the entrant who submitted it. The above list is not intended to be exhaustive; the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including if it finds an entrant acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or harassing other entrant(s), or it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose why an entry has been disqualified other than the entry was ineligible under these Official Rules. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. If the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple accounts/identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant will be declared null and void, and the entrant may be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address (associated with the Twitter or Facebook account) submitted at time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Normal internet access and data usage charges imposed by your online and cell phone service provider may apply. All received entries become the property of Sponsor and Sponsor will not confirm receipt of any entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entries captured from Twitter and Facebook, whether caused by entrants, technical errors, or by any of the programming associated with the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right to use any comment/reply submitted in this Sweepstakes on any of its social media account or on any other website controlled by Sponsor. The inclusion of an entry in the Sponsor’s social media feeds or website(s) does not indicate that the entrant who submitted it is a winner. By submitting an entry, you hereby agree to grant the rights to the Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, and forever release and hold the Sponsor, their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes and their officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing, harmless from and against any liability of any kind arising from or in connection with any use of the entry.
If your Twitter or Facebook account is set to “protected or private mode”, your entry may not be visible to Sponsor and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Sweepstakes. Note: disabling “protected or private mode” will make all your entry public.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Grand Prize consisting of:
◾ Airpods with lightning charging case and customized engraving of ‘CLASS OF 2023’ – approximate retail value (“ARV”: $169).
◾ Winner’s choice of one (1) online course from a selection of three (3) training course options at GMetrix Learning Platform with 1-year access (ARV: up to $225). Details and instructions will be provided at time of prize award.
GMetrix Course Options are:
▹ Learn coding basics from CodeAvengers ($150 value)
▹ Learn the ins and outs of Microsoft Office 365 with the MS Office 365 Specialist course ($225 value)
▹ Build graphic design skills with an Adobe Creative Pack including 2 of 3: Photoshop 2021, Illustrator 2021 and InDesign 2021 ($198 value)
◾ A 12-month Audible.com Gift Membership (ARV: $150). Audible.com Gift Membership terms and conditions apply.
Total ARV of Grand Prize: up to $544. Odds of winning depend upon the total eligible entries received. Selection of Airpods and training course options are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
No substitution or cash redemption permitted. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize or portion of the prize with a prize of comparable value if the stated item becomes unavailable for any reason. Prize is awarded as is or winner forfeits all rights to prize. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor and its agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for, any warranty or representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the merchandise prize. Prize images depicted in advertising and promotional materials may vary from the actual prize as any depiction of a prize is for illustrative purposes only. Reference to brand name and/or trademarked name in connection with the prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement or sponsorship. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with claiming or using the prize and not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely winner’s responsibility.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: A random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Administrator whose decisions are final and binding. Random drawing will be conducted on or about September 8, 2023 from all eligible entries received. Winner is subject to verification and his/her/their full compliance with these Official Rules before a prize can be awarded. After the random drawing is conducted, the Sponsor or Administrator will notify the potential winner via Twitter or Facebook Message. To claim the prize, potential winner will be required to provide contact information and HiSET ID number (that is associated with a HiSET exam date on or after January 1, 2023) to the Administrator within twenty-four (24) hours of notification. The potential winner may be required to complete and return an Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) within three (3) business days. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor or Administrator, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate potential winner may result from any of the following: [a] potential winner’s failure to respond to notification via Twitter or Facebook Message within twenty-four (24) hours after its transmission; [b] the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s account prior to receipt of notification; [c] potential winner’s account is set to block notification from the Administrator or Sponsor; [d] potential winner’s failure to return the completed Release within three (3) business days after transmission; [e] email to the potential winner is returned undeliverable; [f] a potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency, if required; [g] a potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she/they is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry, if required; [h] a potential winner’s failure to provide any required additional information upon Sponsor’s request; and/or [i] any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for the Twitter or Facebook Message function that may interfere with the potential winner notification. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any returned/undeliverable prize or delays in prize delivery caused by the delivery carrier. Returned or undeliverable prize will be forfeited.
7. LIMITS ON LIABILITY: By entering, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (iii) release, hold harmless, and indemnify Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter and Facebook, from, and hereby waive any claims to, all claims, losses, injury, damages, and liability of any kind to person(s), including death, or property damage arising directly or indirectly or relating to your acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of a prize, and participation in the Sweepstakes, including privacy or right of publicity claims or claims related to merchandise delivery.
Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” Entrant acknowledges that the releases herein are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of such laws to preserve future unknown claims.
The Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted and are not responsible for: (a) Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the eligible area mentioned in section 2 above; (b) Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; (c) lost, interrupted or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, or other connection, availability, or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; (d) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, clerical, typographical or other errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents; (e) any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (f) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes, or (g) damage to entrant’s system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner by random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, and in a manner determined by Sponsor to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules.
8. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize (if determined a winner) constitute permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, winner’s comment, social media profile, prize won, hometown, photographs/videos and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation, permission or notification, except where prohibited by law.
9. DISPUTES: If any part of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of these Official Rules will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in New York, NY; (b) the Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the State of New York and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
11. WINNER’S LIST: For winner’s information, available after September 30, 2023, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (by September 30, 2023) to: HiSET #LifeLongLearner Giveaway Winner, c/o Ventura Associates, Ref# WG, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001.