Disability Accommodations for the HiSET® Exam
We are committed to serving test takers with disabilities and health-related needs by providing services and accommodations for the test. Accommodations are available for test takers with diagnosed disabilities that include, but are not limited to:
– Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
– Psychological or psychiatric disorders
– Learning and other cognitive disabilities
– Physical disorders/chronic health disabilities
– Intellectual disabilities
– Hearing and visual impairment
Accommodations Requiring prior Approval
Test takers must request these accommodations and get approval prior to scheduling their test appointments. This list includes some, but not all, of the available accommodations.
– Extended time
– Separate room
– Audio cassette or other form of recorded audio
– Large print
– Screen magnification
– Calculator/talking calculator
– Scribe or keyboard entry aide
– Additional supervised break time
– Sign language-interpreted instructions for test takers who are deaf or hard of hearing
Disability Accommodation FAQs
Have more questions about disability accommodations? See our FAQ page for more information.
Contact Accommodations Services
For further questions, please contact PSI Accommodations Team: 800-367-1565 ext 6750.
Ordering Test Materials
Authorized test center personnel are able to order test materials, including books and answer sheets, at the beginning of the testing year or upon opening a new test center.
Please note, exam books can be re-used as long as materials are in good condition to ensure a fair administration for test takers.
Please have your site’s authorized personnel contact [email protected] if additional materials are needed.